I just got back from Orlando, Florida, where I was a participant in my cousin’s wedding. It was a nice time, but now I’m broke as a joke. Just chillin’ with my roommate, slowly (very slowly) unpacking and trying to figure out what to make for dinner. My roommate has particular tastes so I have to figure something out.
He actually really liked Recipe #7 (I think it was #7) “The Stevedore’s Tax Evasion, so let’s see what I can whip up for us…
1. Large pot with water and sea salt, drop of olive oil. Bring it to a boil (for pasta, he doesn’t like linguine unless there’s “a lot of stuff in it” so I’ll see what I can do here).
2. Chop up the half onion you had in the crisper from a while back.
3. Throw in a well-rinsed can of solid white albacore tuna. (I don’t know about this… we’ll see). Saute it with the onions in olive oil for a bit.
4. IM your friend (and former band mate from SF) while doing this. Discuss your disappointment that your current band, didn’t get into SXSW this year.
5. Add a little sea salt.
6. I’m gonna saute this until the onions are a little brown. It smells pretty good, so I don’t think the tuna will overpower things.
8. Add a little black pepper, parsley, and spicy red pepper. Mix it around a bit.
10. Put some leftover “Classico Tomato and Basil” pasta sauce in a saucepan and warm it up.
11. The tuna actually browned a little bit! Looks pretty good!
12. Verify with roommate this it does, in fact, smell good because you have allergies and the sense of smell is not the best right now.
13. Add the tuna/onion/spice mix to the pasta sauce, mix and simmer for a bit, then put on low until the linguine is done.
14. Wish I had some capers and black olives to do some kind of seafood puttanesca kind of thing. I really have no idea if there are recipes like this, but I”m sure there are.
14. Strain linguine, top with sauce, serve…. (wait to hear if roomie likes it!)
Surprisingly good! Roomie liked it, too! But yes, maybe some capers or black olives would be good. This is a keeper though!